About one week before Christmas, Jared was given the opportunity to take a last minute trip to Indonesia, which of course he jumped on. Being gone for six days allowed him to spend two days in Sentani with mom and dad. He was able to squeeze in two fishing trips, one dive trip, two soccer games, Christmas with mom & dad, and quick visits with lots of friends. I'm not sure if it filled his craving for spending time back home in Indo, or if it made his craving stronger, but either way it was a wonderful time that he can't stop talking about.
When I got off work the morning of Christmas eve, I picked Jared up from the airport. He headed out to do all his Christmas shopping and I slept as I had work again that night. The next morning (Christmas) Jared picked me up from work... after an absolutely crazy night... and took me out to breakfast at the only place open, Denny's. I happen to love Denny's, so it was a perfect surprise. After that we headed home for a very lazy Christmas day. We opened presents and went to bed. It was great that he was jet-lagged, because it meant we were actually on a similar sleep pattern. That afternoon we got up planning to bake cookies and make candy for the Christmas party the next day. Jared made the family traditional peanut butter bars and then we both ended up taking another nap... oops.
The next morning we went over to the Pust's to have a luncheon with Indo people in honor of the Duke's coming through town. We gave Aunt Barb a present that Joan had sent back from Indo... a small plastic cow labeled "toothpick and tampon holder." By scrutinizing the picture on the front of the wrapper, we determined that tampon was a mis-translation for Q-tip. If that helps... we still aren't sure why you would store your toothpicks with your Q-tips, but it is quite a bit better than storing them with your tampons! Needless to say, we had a good time catching up and sharing funny stories from Indo.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Christmas Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment