What a week it has been for me at work! As with any job, there are good days and there are bad days. Lately I seemed to be having a lot of bad days. It was to the point I was wondering how much longer I wanted to stay in the ER. Then, last Tuesday I went to triage class. The triage nurse is the first point of contact when a patient comes into the ER. As triage nurse, you are responsible for determining how sick a patient is and in what order patients will be seen... not a task to be taken lightly! Needless to say, there is a bit of nervousness that goes along with training for this position. Coupled with my former doubts, I felt on the verge of a meltdown.
This weekend changed that. God sent all the encouragement and affirmation that I needed. Coworkers have been incredibly encouraging and supportive of my ability to take on triage. I have never felt so supported as a nurse. It has given me a sense of peace that I am where God wants me. Not only that, but also a peace that he has prepared me for the critical decisions that will be made with each day at triage. This Thursday I finish the required orientation, then I will be on my own. Please pray God gives me wisdom and guidance with each and every patient I meet.
1 comment:
Wow, Teresa! I am so proud of you--triage nursing sounds very intense. I'm sure that you are excellent at it with you ability to pay attention to details and to quickly assess situations. THanks for sharing your heart! XO
Post a Comment