Sunday, July 27, 2008

Farmers Market Berry Feast

On Saturday we strolled the Portland farmers' market with Kat, Caleb, and Jared H. The market itself was only a little larger than the Vancouver farmers' market, but the crowds were incredible. The place was too packed to move through at any significant speed, which was fine with us... more time to taste test berries and breads along the way. The freshly picked raspberries were by far my favorite. Other highlights included Thai dipping sauce, flavored honeys, buffalo jerky and chocolate panini. We came home with a half flat of berries and some gorgeous asciatic lillies.

Later that night Kat, Caleb, and Jared came over for crepes filled with our farmers' market fruit. The crepes were so delicious! My mouth is watering just remembering them. To top it off we made straw/raspberry lemonade.

Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, and Plouts

A beautiful berry creation, about to be devoured

I don't personally comprehend why, but Jared decided to go berry-less on a few of his crepes.

The crepe eating crew

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Oooo! Yum! This looks fantastic...and like so much fun! I wish I could have been there with you.

Anonymous said...

Teresa!! How fun to find your blog!! I hope you are well...and hope we can catch up soon. (those berries are scrumptious looking...it's making me hungry).

-calia (beougher) rodriguez