Sorry for the blogging silence... it started about when I finally gave in and got a facebook account. I hope to pick it back up again here and there. So what has happened this past year? Probably the biggest change was having Kat and Caleb McNeil move in with us last October. They stayed through the end of May, but will be back again after their summer adventures as white water rafting guides (and rock climbing, etc). It was so much fun to live with another couple... like a double date every time you sit down to dinner. They are a super easy couple to live with too, very laid back. Kat was awesome helping with chores and making meals. She probably cooked more than I did. We are missing them a lot this summer and look forward to them coming home in August!
August of last summer I took on a weekend position at work. Financially it has been a blessing and so far scheduling hasn't been too difficult. I am only allowed a limited number of weekends off per year, but we have made it work out. Jared and I both have Sunday afternoons and Monday all day off together, so we still get some quality time each week.
In January Jared and I spent a couple weeks in Indonesia visiting the Wileys. Our close friends Jannelle and Robb came too. It was so exciting to share our love for Papua with some of our closest friends.
This spring I have been spending a lot more time up in Seattle with my family. It is nice to be connecting on a more regular basis.
Just in the last few weeks I decided to apply, was accepted to, and have enrolled in classes for next fall! Don't worry, it isn't an impulse decision. For several years now I have considered getting a Master of Public Health as preparation for doing healthcare program development in Papua (hopefully). This fall I will start in a "Graduate Certificate" of Public Health program... a mini version of the masters that I want. Hopefully it will lead into a Masters program, but if not it will still be very applicable knowledge for the future.
I am sure that there is more that has happened this year, but it is late at night and I am drawing a blank. Sorry! I will update as I think of things. For photos from the past year, here are links to my facebook photo albums. Enjoy!
Skamania Lodge
Thanksgiving
O Christmas Tree
Snow in Vancouver
Pets in the Snow
Indonesia Part 1
Indonesia Part 2
Indonesia Part 3
February through May
No comments:
Post a Comment