
There is finally more green than brown in our yard! The grass seed has started to pop up and the trees have been planted. Jared was home for a few days this weekend, so we took some time to rearrange the landscaped plants to make them feel like ours. I've also had the last two days off and have made some major progress on the backyard. I am wanting a lush flowerful garden, but have come to realize that to make a bare yard into one overnight would cost a fortune. In an attempt to save some money for house payments =), I have been bargain hunting for plants. It's not such an easy thing to do. Lowe's sells some plants for $1-2 when they look like they are on their last leg and I found some very health plants there, the only problem with them was that all the flowers were old... I cut them off and the plants look great! I have also been able to find quite a few plants that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds. Here are some photos of a couple plants:



One of the neighbors trees hangs over the fence into our yard and is conveniently perfect for the birdfeeder. I am yet to see any birds use it (but I did only put it up today).
2 comments:
What beautiful flowers and what a gorgeous house! I can't wait to visit you guys. :) Miss you tons! XO
I love the flowers! Have you had any birds yet?
I just found your blog following a link from Amy's blog and am enjoying catching up.
We have missed seeing you.
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment