Well, we have made the move to Vancouver! We are mostly settled into our new home, which is amazing. It is such a blessing to be living in this beautiful house. Hopefully we will be hosting some missionaries and other people needing short term lodging very soon.
The House... yard coming any day now.
Jared has been busy participating in summer events at New Heights Church since day one. White water rafting, camping, rock climbing... he has quite a nice tan going. This week and next he is working with Middle school kids at a day camp, then it is off to Idaho for a week long camp for high schoolers.
While Jared is off on all these adventures I needed some company, so before he left we payed a visit to the local Humane Society. Planning on only bringing home one kitten, we stuck to that... only one kitten... but we did bring home an adult cat as well. Ooops! Actually it has been great. Samba (the one year old) has been able to show Awas (the kitten) a thing or two. It is fun to watch them play and keep each other company when we don't have time to show them as much attention as we would like. 

I started work almost two weeks ago at Southwest Washington Medical Center. Just this last week I finally had my first day on the unit where I will be working, the Emergency Department! I am starting out in the lower acuity area, so I have seen a lot of people with migraines and abdominal pain, but nothing too gory. My hours are all over the place right now as I fit my schedule to a couple of different preceptors. When I finally am off orientation and on my own (probably about three months from now), I will be working 7pm to 7:30am. yikes! Thankfully that will be after the worst of the summer heat is through.
We miss everyone up in Seattle and hope that you will all stop in for a few days whenever you can. Our house is always open!
3 comments:
What a great house!! We are excited for you and can not wait to come visit. Hopfully I will get to come the beginning of September!Thanks Teresa for starting the Blog! We will be regular visitors for sure!!
Love you,
Dad and Mom Wiley
Wow! Your place looks great even without the landscaping. Can't wait to make it down for a personal tour! The little ones are really cute too. Bet they can keep you busy at times. Hope the gates help some.
Miss you both- but am so delighted that this new phase of life has begun with a smooth transition.
Hugs to all,
Mom Chally
Awww, the cats are so cute. The little one looks a lot like my cat. I'll have to come over and meet them!
Post a Comment